Safe Mercury Removal
“Silver” amalgam fillings are actually about 50% mercury by weight. Mercury is a known neurotoxin, small amounts of which are constantly released from these fillings. Some of it bioaccumulates, contributing to a wide variety of chronic health problems.
This is why we don’t use amalgam in our office, But what if you already have mercury fillings in your mouth?
Because “Silver” Fillings Are Mostly Mercury, Safety Is Paramount
More Americans are choosing to have their old amalgam fillings replaced with biocompatible restorations. Some of them are healthy and proactive, wanting to remove any risks to their overall health. Others have long-standing or evolving chronic conditions in which mercury may have played a role.
Whatever the reason, it is absolutely crucial that the fillings be removed safely, to minimize the risk of excess mercury exposure and to prevent the toxin from entering the waste stream and polluting the environment.
The International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology has developed a rigorous safety protocol called SMART: Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Technique. It is the gold standard for safe mercury removal.
Dr. Montgomery is the only dentist in western Idaho who is both accredited by the IAOMT and certified in their SMART protocol.